Posted on Oct 08, 2009 | Comments 1
We all wish we had more time. The best you can do is learn to manage the time that you have wisely so that you have room in your schedule for the things you have to do, and the things you want to do.
Here are some better time management tips
- Manage your online time. Have specific times for answering email, chatting, and checking websites. Learn to be concise when responding to emails.
- Know when to let your phone roll to voice mail. Usually a block of uninterrupted time will allow you to be more productive. If you give yourself such a block of time, however, set aside time later to return all necessary phone calls. Always let other people know when they can expect to hear from you, and make calls when you have promised to do so.
- Set deadlines to keep you on track, and allow time for the unexpected.
- Know when you are most productive. Some people work better in the morning, while others work better in the afternoon. Schedule the majority of your work to coincide with your period of greatest productivity.
- Know when to quit. You need regular breaks to stay refreshed and productive. Know when you have reached a point of diminishing returns for your efforts and it is time to move on to something else, or call the day finished.
Posted in: Time Management