Posted on Aug 13, 2010 | Comments 0
Do you have friggatriskaidekaphobia? yes thatâ€™s a real word â€“ we didnâ€™t make it up? It means a fear of Friday the 13ths and if this combination of day and date scare you, you are not alone.
For a long time, the number 12 is seen as being a complete one (12 months make up a year and so on), and the number 13 is seen as inauspicious and as a harbinger of misfortune and bad luck.
Here are interesting facts about Friday the 13th that you may not have known about â€“
- The 13th of each month is more likely to fall on a Friday than any other day of the week
- There is always at least one and at most three Friday the 13ths in any year.
- In Spain and Greece it is Tuesday the 13th that is considered unlucky
- Fear of Friday the 13th is also known as paraskevidekatriaphobia.
- There are 12 Friday the 13th films made and 4 of them were released on Friday the 13th
- If you are scared of this day, you shouldnâ€™t be â€“ people are no more likely die in a road accident on this day than any other. A Finnish study proved that!
Posted in: Self Improvement