Posted on Apr 15, 2006 | Comments 0
Self confidence plays an vital role in attaining success in any walk of life. People with self confidence are noticed more. Relatively self confident people attain their goals easily.
On the other hand people who lack self confidence often end up being losers. If you want to do well in life, you too need to build your self confidence. Here are ten self confidence tips that can help you build self confidence:
- Have a wide range of interests, and take an active interest in whatâ€™s going on in the world. Meet and talk to a lot of people. Donâ€™t focus all your attention only on your work and on your problems. Divert your attention to new interests, and new tasks. This will keep your mind happily occupied, and boost your self confidence.
- Self confidence is found in people who have a healthy self-esteem. They know their personal worth, and act accordingly. A good way to improve your personal worth is to make a list of your accomplishments every day. You will be surprised to know how many positive acts you perform every day in life, but which you donâ€™t notice. Once you start looking at this list, your self confidence will boom.
- Be clear about your goals. If need be, break your goals into smaller, more manageable tasks. Pat yourself every time you achieve a minor goal. It will boost youâ€™re a self confidence, and help you achieve bigger goals.
- Socialize with people who are positive and supportive, who like and respect you. Give them the same support and respect that they give you. Avoid people who are negative and critical of you. Such people erode your self confidence. They make you look at your negative self, and not your positive self. After some time, you get enveloped in their cynical and negative world-view. Nothing can be more damaging than that. Dump such friends as soon as you can.
- Pay attention to how you look. Take pleasure in wearing good clothes and being well groomed. It makes you feel good. People too look at you differently. Remember that every human being wants to be found in the company of smart, intelligent, successful people. You can soon be a centre of attraction if you radiate a positive, smart look. It can very easily make the difference between success and failure.
- Donâ€™t be afraid of failures. Take them in your stride and move on. Say to yourself that you will succeed the next time. Never make the mistake of allowing your failures to overwhelm you. They will force you into a shell, and destroy your self confidence. A better way is to shrug your failures as something inconsequential, and take on a new challenge. Of course, you must learn from your mistakes, and be realistic about your abilities. People who try to over-reach often fall down. You should not allow that to happen in the name of self confidence.
- Keep yourself fit by exercising regularly and controlling your diet. A fit and healthy person is much more active and achieves more in his career. Physical fitness, like self confidence, glows on your face.
- Find a mentor who can help you reach your goal. Most people, who have done well in life, have a mentor who has traveled the same road on which they are traveling today. Meet your mentor regularly, and seek his advice and support as a routine. You will find that you are learning something valuable every day.
- Pick up a new hobby or craft that interests you. It will keep you occupied. It will also increase your self confidence as you become more skilled in it.
- Take part in activities that you are good at. You may have excelled at things in the past and then given them up due to lack of time. Return to those activities again and see your self confidence grow.
Try to practice these self confidence tips as faithfully as you can, and see the difference in your life.
Posted in: Self Confidence