Posted on Apr 15, 2006 | Comments 0
Would you like to be confident? Your answer will be yes, I do want to be a confident person. However, this answer is too generalized person and it lacks the impact.
It is just like everybody wants to do well in life and be rich but not many ever achieve this wish.
The reason for this is that, you need to quantify your self confidence level to actually get somewhere in life. You need to define the task for which you need to be confident so that you can execute it successfully.
Just making a wish to be confident, wonâ€™t take you anywhere. There must even deadlines to dreams as well. Self Confidence might mean differently for different age group people.
For a business executive self confidence might mean to be able to present the business report to the Board of Directors. For a child it might mean to be able to narrate the poem to her teacher the next morning.
Self confidence for a salaried person, may be the ability to make a switch over from his secure job to a new independent venture and so on. To execute their respective tasks, these people need a certain level of confidence, which would see them through.
A minimum level of self confidence is to be required for every task to be able to be executed. Do you have a job in your mind to be done? Do you have the required level of confidence for completing the job? Let us check it out!
A Simple Test To Check Your Confidence Levels
Go through the simple questions and just answer YES or NO For the questions
- Are you terrified to meet someone new? Is public speaking your worst nightmare?
- Do you just sit and listen all the times in your office meetings?
- Do you feel difficulty in reporting a matter to your boss or you have an excellent idea that can improve your companyâ€™s efficiency but you cannot muster enough courage to go and talk about it to your Boss?
- Does it happen too often with you that you cannot take a decision all by yourself and you seem to look for your colleagues, friends, or your spouse to sort the matter for you?
- Do you always seem to be in perpetual need of a support system wherein you can feel secure?
- Do you timidly accept orders from your superior even though you know that you are already overloaded and you need to say no?
- Are you excessively concerned about what other people think of you?
- Do you fear taking risks?
- Do you feel dissatisfied about your appearance?
- Are you uncomfortable in social gatherings â€“ being amongst lots of people?
If your answer is YES for these questions then you seem to have a confidence crisis that might become an obstacle in successfully executing your tasks. Donâ€™t Panic, as it is good that you found out since now you are aware of a potential problem of your life.
By knowing your confidence rating makes it easy you to take further action and work towards eliminating the negative effects of low confidence levels and work towards building your self confidence.
Few More Questions
- Have you accomplished anything in the past?
- Are you the one to go ahead and break the ice at a new place or wait for someone else to initiate a discussion?
- Do you feel you are well respected by others?
- Do you think you have the potential to succeed?
- Are you a happy and loving person?
- Are you satisfied with your career graph?
- Are you satisfied with your skills and qualifications?
- Do you feel in control of your life?
- Do you imagine yourself to be more successful five years from now?
- Do you feel that you are a worthwhile person?
You are having low confidence levels, if you happen to answer â€œNOâ€ to most of these questions.
However, a â€œYESâ€ is never decisive and a â€œNOâ€ is never final. One needs to constantly maintain the good points and work towards changing bad points into good points. And the good news is that it is very much possible.
Itâ€™s important that you should answer the question honestly, since only when you realize the present status of your self-confidence would you be working towards building self-confidence or maintaining and increasing your present levels.
Posted in: Self Confidence