Posted on Jul 19, 2006 | Comments 0
Setting goals is the most significant tool you will setup in any area of life. Actually, a study was conducted and it was discovered that most people who fail in life do not have goals or plans.
Effort is what it takes to attain goals and plans once the plans are set. You will deliver a good speech if you put for the effort to deliver a good speech. Now anyone can sit here and tell you how easy it is to give a speech in public that will make you a star, but it takes you to work toward becoming that star.
What do you need then? To help you see what you need to give a public speech and to become a star we will create a list. The list should incorporate goals and plans, effort, support, observation, writing skills, notes, relaxing tools, exercise, familiarity, and consideration
While there is more to the list, right now we will focus on the few.
- Goals and Plans: Starting with goals and plans, weâ€™ve already touched basis, thus you should already be in the process of laying out your plans.
- Effort: Effort was also touched, thus at this point you should have an outline put together and a checklist that will direct you along the right path of composing your written speech.
- Support: Support is essential. All of us need support in any area of life. If you have family and friends let them know what you are doing so that they will help you move along successfully. Even ask them to sit and listen to your speech and critique you so that you can work toward success. Take the critiques in stride, since critiquing is not knocking you down, it is building you up by helping you see areas you can enhance.
- Observation: Observation is one of the most valuable gifts we as people were given. Throughout the process of writing, taking notes, preparing and so forth observe your every word and move. Stay alert to your writing, so that you can make changes accordingly.
- Writing skills: Writing skills is necessary also, since if you have loads of spelling and grammar areas in your speech, likely you will make mistakes during the speech. Learn to use your spelling and grammar tools in your word processor.
- Notes: Writing reliable and legible notes is important, since notes are used throughout speeches to help aid the speaker along. Learn how to use these notes as well.
- Relaxing Tools: Relaxing tools is what you will need to learn, since nearly anyone giving a speech will feel anxious and nervous prior to and most times during the speech. Try to prepare the night before the speech by getting everything you need together. In the morning eat a healthy breakfast and do a few exercises to help relax your nerves.
- Exercise: Exercise comes in many forms. In the definition spoken in this article we will consider taking notes and writing the speech. If you are writing learn exercising tools that will help you to effectively write your speech and take quality notes.
- Familiarity: Become familiar with your stepping grounds, i.e. arrive at the meeting earlier so that you can feel comfortable in the environment and possibly meet some of the people as they arrive.
- Consideration: Consideration is a common lacking tool that is used in the world. One of the best things you can do in life is always consider others in your decisions, especially if they will be a part of you decision, plans and goals. Thus, people like to keep it simple, since this opens room for understanding. Therefore, while writing and delivering your speech, keep it simple.
Posted in: Public Speaking