Posted on Aug 30, 2010 | Comments 1
It could be a change of career, marriage, migrating to a new place, leaving a bad relationship or changing your college course.
All of these are examples of major decisions that need to be thought of carefully and prayerfully before finally making a choice.
It is so wrong to make decisions out of impulse and gut feel, as this will make a lifetime impact that can make or break your future.
To help you think clearly and make the right decisions here are guidelines you can use to help you through the process:
- Accept the fact that even thought of decisions can still go wrong, but it is definitely more so with unthought-of of choices.
- Think of the cost of making the wrong decisions; time, effort, frustrations, depressions, troubled relationships, which are just a few to mention.
- Never make hasty decisions especially when you are emotional because chances are you are heading for a disaster. It might help to sleep over it and decide the course of action when you are well rested.
- Gather enough data; it might help if you jot them down so that you donâ€™t forget.
- Talk to a lot of counselors who have been in a similar situation and then learn from their experiences.
- Sometimes, it is just best to wait â€“ for the proper time.
Seek guidance from the Scripture and listen to what God has to say about your circumstance. Means of guidance can be through:
- The Bible. Take time to be familiar with the scripture and learn to listen to Godâ€™s voice through it, it takes practice to be able to do this.
- Prayer. Prayer should begin with you talking to God and end with you listening to God. This also requires daily devotion and practice.
- The Holy Spirit. This is the still small voice of God encouraging you, comforting you and guiding you.
- Conscience. In psychology it is referred to as the decision maker of what is right and what is wrong.
- Circumstances. Common sense will tell you out your circumstance what is the right thing to do.
- Counsel. Seek counsel from people who know and care about you. They will give you a different perspective of how they see things.
- Fasting. This process helps clear the mind by controlling the body to be able to see things clearly.
Finding the will of God in every aspect of life will becomes easy if you communicate with Him everyday. Try it, it works.
Posted in: Personal Growth