Posted on Mar 01, 2010 | Comments 0
If you are attempting to work from home you are realizing the multitude of issues that come your way.
Issues that you are facing are time management, motivation, anxiety, organizing, goal setting and personal confidence.
With the recession as it is many people who have been laid off of their corporate job are now trying to make ends meet with a career from home.
Many people are beginning work from home careers and donâ€™t know how to make it successful.
Working from home can be very rewarding and is definitely very flexible. Most people who work from home will say the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages to working from home.
We spoke with various people who work from home to come up with tips to help make your working from home career successful.
- First of all make sure you separate your work spaces from your home spaces.
- Donâ€™t even think about text messaging, taking non-work-related phone calls or checking Facebook while you are working.
- Shower, shave and put on something besides your pajamas or sweat suit. Making working from home a bit more like going to the office will help you stay motivated. In fact, it is proven that people are more productive when they feel professional and dress up more in corporate America. If you normally work out in the morning or meditate[Meditation] make sure you wake early enough to do those things. Routine is very important.
- Set a work schedule and be very consistent with sticking to your work schedule. Since you wonâ€™t have the time of commuting you will save a little time. And maybe you will decide to work for four hours then take a two hour break, then work another three hours. Regardless of what your work schedule is it is extremely important to stick to it.
- If you do something that keeps you mobile like writing or graphic design from your computer itâ€™s okay to switch up the scenery once in awhile. Try a library or a quiet coffee shop. Most public libraries have private study rooms and most coffee shops are very receptive to work from home people.
- At the end of your day write a to-do list for the next day. Try to keep your to-do list small and realistic maybe in lists of threes.
- You will find people in your life think it is convenient that you work from home and will many times ask things of you or expect things from you just because you arenâ€™t at an office in corporate America. Be firm with these people about your dedication to your career.
Posted in: Organizing