Posted on Aug 24, 2006 | Comments 0
If a primary goal is to exist in a clutter-free environment, think of devising a system in which to operate freely.
You will have valuable free time with a smart system. Having more time to spend your hours doing what you enjoy most is everyoneâ€™s goal in life.
Using a system, you will have a way of doing something that might otherwise be a strain. You will have a new way of simplifying a task or operation.
A good example is paper clutter. We find papers thrown here, there and everywhere. Loose paper can be found in every area of your home.
You will want to first clean up the area of all loose paper and put it away in a designated place or just throw it away to transform a disorderly area into an orderly one.
You can use baskets, drawers or shelving space to store away your paper. It is easier then to remain organized once you have a designated place established.
Think now about how your paper became so messy in the first place. What did you do with it once it arrived? Did you put the full bundle into a basket, for instance?
If you glanced at it and then put it down in a random pile at the nearest table or desk near you, chances are that is your problem. Your goal is to designate a said place for every item of value in your entire home. That way you are organized.
The organized way to deal with all paper that crosses your hands and/or desk is to:
- Have it placed at a designated tray, basket, shelf or drawer.
- Spend the time you need to look into what the paper commands of you and, when done with it;
- Place it in either a file, put it in a filing basket to be filed, put it in an out basket, or simply throw it away.
This type of paper flow system will organize you in a heartbeat and will prevent finding assorted pieces of paper everywhere throughout your home. As soon as you receive the paper, you put it in its allotted place.
From this, you will create a peaceful work area. You will automatically know where to go to get your paper and where to find paper that you need.
The same system can be applied to reorganizing a disordered environment. You can tackle a room, a closet, or a drawer by first organizing it and then taking a look at how it got that way in the first place.
Here is where the new system comes into play.
- You need to be able to maintain the order you have applied to it for later so that the same mess does not just develop all over again.
- The more time and effort you put into being organized, the less time you will need to apply to organizing later
- You will need to obtain the essential “tools” needed to create good order.
- Having good order is the building block to being better organized.
- Shop the discount and specialty stores for great tools to organize. They are inexpensive and work well.
If you find your bedroom is hard to keep organized then look around for something to solve your problem. The moment you find the right tool, you can begin to put things into their proper place.
- There is no easy way around trying to get your life in order and be better organized. It takes time and effort on your part.
The more tools you can apply to your disorganized messes, the easier it will be to maintain order. Once you find the right approach, it will be easy to keep the same momentum going.
- Use a system to organize every area of your life. Go from room to room in your home and apply tools to simplify messy problems. You will be so glad you did.
Posted in: Organizing