Posted on Aug 12, 2009 | Comments 0
When things are going well, most of us have little trouble staying motivated.
The problems start the going gets tough. Here are some ways to keep yourself motivated.
- Exercise. Not only can exercise help relieve stress, but it also releases endorphins, chemicals that improve your sense of well being.
- Avoid negative situations. If you are responding negatively to the world financial situation, try limiting your exposure to world news. A quick review will probably give you all the essential news you need to know without giving you too much information which can be stressful.
- Create a positive environment for yourself. Creating a positive environment can be as simple as changing your radio station, or listening to uplifting music.
- Like a bad cold, motivation and enthusiasm are contagious. Surround yourself with encouraging people. Negative attitudes are also contagious; eliminate or limit your exposure to people who sap your energy and motivation.
- Give of yourself. When times are tough, it helps to get some perspective. Help others who are less fortunate than you. It can put your problems in perspective, and renew your commitment to meeting your goals. You can give money, or time, or just make a point of being friendly and outgoing with everyone you meet.
Posted in: Motivation