Posted on Oct 06, 2008 | Comments 2
Maintaining healthy relationships with others is essential for you if you want to fill your life with happiness and make every aspect of your life successful.
However, developing and maintaining healthy relationships is tougher than it seems, and here are many vital factors that play a role in maintaining a healthy relationship with your friends, family and partner. If you focus on these particular factors, you are more likely to have rewarding relationships. Here are a few guidelines:
The essence of all relationships, love is vital to keep a relationship with another person growing. Without love and affection, it is almost impossible to maintain a lasting and meaningful relationship with another. By loving and caring for your partner, you build a fluid foundation for growth and sharing.
Trust and honesty:
This is one of the most essential factors in maintaining important relationships in your life. Without trust, a long-lasting relationship is out of the question. Endeavour to be honest with everyone, including your partner, and never lie to your partner or any other person or hurt his/her feelings.
Respect: If you donâ€™t show respect to others, they donâ€™t have respect for you, which makes it impossible to sustain a relationship. Try to respect their life goals, habits and values, and also try to support them in achieving their life aims and ambitions.
- Donâ€™t blame anyone else for your joys and sorrows. Relationships often fail because you blame others for unhappiness in your life. Make a point of avoiding this practice, and endeavor to love and respect yourself.
- Improve your communication skills. Always try to express your feelings of love or anger in a way that doesnâ€™t hurt othersâ€™ feelings and is easy for the other party to understand.
- Develop an attitude of forgiveness. If you practice the quality of forgiveness, you are well on your way to a happy and successful life.
- Always try to make and keep clear agreements with one another.
- When you have made a mistake, never try to hide or cover it. Admit your mistakes and apologize. This will help you respect yourself and also helps you to avoid making the same mistakes again and again.
Bear these points in mind and try to implement them in your real life. By maintaining healthy relationships, you have a better chance of a happy and eventful life.
Posted in: Love & Relationships