At some point they may have held true but there are certain relationship rules that no longer hold true. So here are five relationship rules you can break with impunity â€“
1. Itâ€™s ok to check out other people even with your significant other at your side. While you shouldnâ€™t ogle obviously and not overdo it, it is quite alright to admire the scenery. It does not mean that your boyfriend doesnâ€™t do it for you anymore.
2. Share but skip the inane or inconsequential bits. Share those bits of your day that had some emotional bearing on you; that he may find interesting. Communication is easier when both parties are interested.
3. Itâ€™s ok to plan sex; it doesnâ€™t always have to be spontaneous. Planning ahead can enhance the anticipation and helps you make time for some romance in your busy life. Think of it as â€œmental foreplayâ€, as Ian Kerner, PhD, author of Be Honest â€” You’re Not That into Him Either puts it.
4. You donâ€™t have to fix the problem right away; sometimes it actually helps to sleep on it. Sometimes trying to fix the issue now can actually exacerbate it; whereas taking some time may help bring in a rationale perspective.
5. Itâ€™s ok to still be friends with an ex, but keep it casual. It should make a current boyfriend feel threatened or jealous and also make sure that there are no romantic feelings left for your ex there.