Posted on Sep 07, 2009 | Comments 1
An ideal leader is someone who knows how to lead his people and guide them through various situations successfully. [Leadership skills]
In an analysis of the strategies that are used by ideal leaders, experts have been able to come up with a list:
- A leader is a confident, sure, straight and honest person, who carries his team forward in a straight path without any twists and turns along the way.
- An ideal leader is open to what his team members have to say, and he pays attention to what they say, thereby giving them the feeling that their opinions matter too in the hierarchy of the organization.
- An ideal leader knows to never underestimate what the other person may be doing. He is instead a person who knows his own weaknesses and strengths, as well as those of his opponents.
- An ideal leader often serves as a role model, and behaves as an individual whose opinions are much respected. He will also lead by example.
- An ideal leader is one who never ever takes the credit for what someone else has done for himself. This in itself will build up his team membersâ€™ respect. He will also be an individual who will be ready to accept his mistakes, and take blame upon himself if he has been in the wrong, instead of trying to blame other people for something that he has done. Accepting responsibility is one of the highly regarded qualities of an ideal leader.
- An ideal leader will only make those promises that he is sure of being able to deliver within the specified deadline. Also, if he feels that will not be able to uphold it, he will also be the first person to admit it.
- An ideal leader will possess the drive to succeed in his various and several endeavors.
- He will know the advantages and the benefits of using persuasion, albeit the gentle way, to convince his team members to perform better or to do things in a different way.
- The ideal leader will get along with his team, and will be able to convince them to give their best performances for the tasks assigned to them, and lead by his own example. A true leader is an honest and upright one, who will lead through example rather than through enforcement of his will.
Posted in: Leadership Training