Posted on Sep 10, 2009 | Comments 2
Maybe you met online and live in different cities. Or maybe you met in the same city and one of you had to move for a career opportunity.
Quite possibly youâ€™ve been together for years and one of you just accepted a 6 month assignment overseas.
Regardless, youâ€™re in love and trying to maintain the warmth, love and commitment in a long-distance relationship. How do you do this? How do you make a long-distance relationship work?
- Determine if this is â€˜the oneâ€™ for you. Long-distance relationships are not easy and if you have any doubts or feel apprehensive it will not work. You will need to put 100% into this and to do so you will need to know this is â€˜the oneâ€™.
- Have a standing phone date time each day. If itâ€™s impossible to have a standing phone date time every day because of schedules at least have a phone date every other day.
- Utilize text messaging, instant messaging and email.
- Donâ€™t underestimate the power of a simple â€œIâ€™m thinking of you.â€
- Each of you needs to have a web cam. If you do not; purchase them. This will ensure you can talk like you are sitting across the dinner table from each other.
- Prioritize and plan your time together. If you can manage to see each other once a month, or maybe only once every three months, it is essential that you plan this time well in advance and make each other a priority.
- Commit to your significant other. There cannot be any inappropriate friendships or dinners. Neither of you can question the other personâ€™s commitment nor there absolutely any casual sex. Carry yourself like you want your significant other to carry themselves.
Posted in: How Tos