Posted on Oct 11, 2006 | Comments 0
Sometime it may lead to depression, when the days are gloomy. Sometimes we feel loss of control when it rains or snows, which brings on the blues.
Sometimes we have mental or physical disorders that cause us to feel sad often. The fact is in spite of the cause behind your depression there is hope.
You probably see gloomy weather, when it rains and snows. Well, the fact is snow and rain is nature in a form.
Rain cultivates the land. The rain provides us natural resources to grow vegetables and fruits.
Snow enables us to build snowmen, play in the snow making snow angels, ski, and so forth. One of the nicety about snow is you can sit in front of a fireplace and have a romantic night without over heating. Consequently, rain and snow has much to offer, for those reasons ask self, why do you see gloom when you think of the natural weathers?
Seasonal Affective Disorder
You might want to consider seeking professional help if you have uncontrollable depression in the winter months. Seasonal Affective Disorder commonly known as SAD has affected many people in the winter month.
Doctors treat various people with this disorder, often using light and lithium. The disorder affects the melatonin in the brain, which then affects the serotonin. Thus, you may require antidepressants with serotonin agents to help you recover from depression.
One of the causes of depression is chemical imbalances. Most people diagnosed with bipolar suffer depressive symptoms, including mania.
Most bipolar symptoms cause the person to endure episodes of shifting in moods, which shift to mania and depressive states. These people have chemical imbalances whereas serotonin is necessary to treat the disorder.
Serotonin is neurotransmitter chemicals, which derive from amino acids. The acids include tryptophan.The chemicals broadly spread to the tissues while acting as agents to the neurotransmitters that constrict blood vessels to prevent injury.
Thus, the action imbalance will affect the emotional state. The prescribed medications to treat bipolar depression are Lithium, Prozac, Paxil, along with other antidepressants. What are the symptoms I should look for in depression?
The symptoms of depression have two phrases, i.e. the emotional and physiological phrase.
The emotional symptoms include
- Feelings of helplessness
- Excessive guilt feelings
- Lack of interest in life, and so forth
Often the emotions are overwhelmed, which can lead to suicidal thinking.
The physical or physiological symptom include
- Pains and aches undefined
- Stomach problems
- Oversleeping or under sleeping
- Change in diet
- Deficiency in energy level
- Weight change
- Back pains
Diets, exercise, therapy, and sometimes medicines are aids in helping you to cope with depression. To show you how to manage and conquer depression we can consider a few helpful strategies. First, you must setup a plan for you and hope that you follow the plan to better your health.
- Exercise: You must contact your doctor and inquire about an exercise routine that is right for you and then start the process of exercising. Plan 1 equals short-term goal:
- Write down the results of how you feel after you start the routine after one week. As well, when you contact your medical practitioner ask which diet is suited for you.
- In accordance, write down the effects you achieved after dieting and exercising for one week.
- When you contact your doctor also let him know that you have depressive symptoms so that he can run tests to determine if medical reasons are causing the symptoms.
- A Short-term goal: Continue working out and dieting while writing down the effects weekly.
- Long-term goal: I want you to set a long-term health goal to continue exercise and diet, while seeking to reach a peak performance in your mental and physical health.
Posted in: Depression