Posted on Jan 08, 2011 | Comments 0
Here are some more tips to deal with winter depression; the winter blues or seasonal affective disorder (SAD) â€“
1. Eat fish. Salmon, mackerel, tuna and similar fatty fish can offer valuable nutrients such as Omega 3 fatty acids. These have been seen to be effective against depression. And remember cooking from scratch is better for you than opening a can.
2. Learn tai-chi. It can help to improve your mood by lowering stress, and can also help by improving coordination and balance.
3. Get outdoors for any kind of physical activity â€“ walking, biking, jogging and so on. The exposure to sun will help not only your mood but also give you a Vitamin D boost.
4. Donâ€™t cut out carbs altogether. Remember to have plenty of whole grain and treat yourself to some tasty treats such as mango.
5. Bounce on a trampoline. A NASA study showed that this exercise is as good as working out on a treadmill which can help boost oxygen levels, which can in turn enhance clear thinking.
6. Join a choir â€“ research has shown that joining a choir can help improve one’s mental health by improving confidence and reducing problems.
7. If all else doesnâ€™t work, do not hesitate to see a doctor who will be in a position to prescribe proper prescription medication for your condition.
Posted in: Depression