Posted on Jul 15, 2009 | Comments 3
In today’s fast-paced world, anxiety is given. You can either learn to manage anxiety, or your anxiety will manage you.
Here are some ways to deal with anxiety and stress and keep your life manageable.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise releases endorphins, those feel good chemicals responsible for the â€œrunner’s high.â€
- Laugh. Laughing can release endorphins too. Read a book or rent a move that makes you laugh.
- Speaking of books, develop a hobby you can lose yourself in. Developing an outward focus can be a big help.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet. Avoid caffeine which can make you feel anxious and shaky.
- Create a stress-free zone. You should have a haven in your home, even if it is a small corner of your bedroom, or just sitting on your bed with your headphones on.
- Make bedtime peaceful. Avoid known stressors after a defined time in the evening. Try gentle stretching or other relaxation exercises to make it easy to fall asleep. Consider using a white-noise machine to block out background noise that could make it hard for you to sleep.
- Let the evil of the day be sufficient. Focus on immediate concerns, not things which may or may not happen in the future.
- Help others. When you help needy people it helps you put your own life and problems in perspective.
Posted in: Anxiety & Panic